2021-03 March Session
- Print out the readings and handouts and create a binder or folder to keep all of your materials together in one place.
- Watch for a packet of supplies in the mail the week of our first session.
- Read the first 4 chapters of Sacred is the Call and journal your responses to For Further Reflection at the end of each chapter.
- Read the article What to Expect in Christian Spiritual Direction by Thomas Hart and journal your responses to these questions:
- What stands out for me in this article?
- How has my experience of Spiritual Direction been similar or different from this article?
- What might be my growing edge as a Spiritual Director in the light of this article?
- Review the Contemplative Listening Group Model (below)
- Purchase a special candle for all of our gatherings.
- Purchase a designated journal for Art and Practice.
- Pen and notebook.
- A container of water and paper towel.
Your packet will include:
- Watercolor pencils, a paintbrush, and watercolor paper. You may supplement the art supplies as you wish.
Each title is a clickable link.
All items market with * have been mailed to you in a packet.
- Contemplative Listening Group Model
- Sacred is the Call – Chapters 1-4
- * What to Expect in Christian Spiritual Direction by Thomas Hart
- * Hidden in the Heart of Things – Prayer Card
- * Patient Trust – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, SJ
- * Rilke et al Prayers
- * Be Patient- Rainer Maria Rilke
- Sacred Is The Call Sheet Music