Conversation –The Sacred Art: Practicing Presence in an Age of Distraction by Diane M. Millis PhD (ISBN‑10: 1594734747)
As you read please journal your thoughts and learnings.
The March session focused on Contemplative Attitude and Graced History. The questions to guide reflection papers are:
- How does awareness of your “personal graced history” affect your understanding of spiritual direction?
- What have you noticed about your listening? The listening of your spiritual director?
- What has sparked particular interest, challenge or questions?
Your reflection paper should be one page, single spaced. You will be able to submit it using the form below. Your reflection paper is due April 1.
View Online Courses:
- Watch the 3 Videos on The Circle of Life. Approximately 30 minutes.
- Watch the 3 Videos on Theological Presuppositions. Approximately 30 minutes.
- Review the handouts in the downloadable resources section below which go with the video courses.
Each title is a clickable link.
- Art of Contemplative Listening
- Circle of Life
- Initial Conversation
- Where Does the Temple Begin
- Quad Process Handout
- Common Obstacles To Contemplative Listening
- Some Theological Presuppositions
- David Hayward Come On God Get In There
- Who is a spiritual director
- Identifying the Experience of God
- Spiritual Directors International Guidelines for Ethical Conduct (digital resource)
- Spiritual Directiors International Guidelines for Ethical Conduct (download)