2022 -1 January Session
- Reflection paper due November 30 – Happy Thanksgiving!
- In what way did the process deepen this experience for you: reading your book, preparing your presentation, and integrating Mercy Spirituality and spiritual direction, and sharing it with the group.
- What about our session in November brought you joy?
- What surprised you about our time together?
- Please share any way your mentor or the team can support you at this time.
- Meet with your Mentor Group for quads in November – You will have a month off of Mentor Groups for December.
- Meet with your supervisor
- Meet with your spiritual director
- Continue looking for directees, if necessary
- Meet with your directees
- Complete and email to your mentor by Monday, January 3:
- Art & Practice of Spiritual Direction Discernment Process Guidelines (see below)
- Supervision Record (listing your progress so far)
- Ruffing: Spiritual Direction: Beyond the Beginnings, Chapter 1 and The Will of God, p. 82-86.
Download and Read:
- Art & Practice of Spiritual Direction Discernment Process Guidelines
- Supervision Record 2021-22
- Negative voices that can sabotage a call
- Eight Principles of Discernment
- Some basic questions for discerning a call to spiritual direction
- Spiritual Director Rubric (PDF)
- Spiritual Director Rubric (Word)
January 7 & 8 Mercy Center Visit Option:
You are invited to join us at Mercy Center for the Discernment weekend. All of the sessions will continue to be held online with Zoom so coming in person will not be necessary. It will be an option if you wish.
We will not have a “hybrid” session. You will be able to use Zoom in your bedroom for privacy, or another area in Mercy Center with the group, and we will eat meals and have break times together. Please make sure to bring along headphones with a built-in speaker for comfort.
Discernment Session Schedule
January 7 & 8, 2022
Friday Noon-6pm & Saturday 9am-6pm PT
See ticket options with special pricing below:
*All participants must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19 and follow our on-site COVID protocol.
If you are not able to attend at Mercy Center, we encourage you to find some retreat space with internet access to attend the Discernment Session.